Daily Log Entry 3/21/2017

Added some Gene Loves Jezebel to the YouTube and Spotify playlists. Unpublished until it’s built up enough to be worth it.

2 eBay listings.

Transferred several gigs of video to the computer for editing.

Took notes on deleting frames in Flashback Pro so I can start going through the files I’ve already got and cut out the garbage. Probably a tutorial video of me doing just that by way of demonstration.

Downloaded Polygonal Planet Project to try it out as a world generator. It’s about 90% of what I want. Headscratching in progress. Screencast footage taken of playing around in it, ready to be used in a screencasting tutorial.

Added to the to-do list:

Make PDF of 2×2 tile mold frame

Price and order more Oomoo in April

Order toner in April. I’m a horrible tree killer.



Daily Log Entry 3/20/2017


When I talk about being a rank beginner at all the things I’m attempting, and learning, and sharing, I’m not kidding. That’s a quick n’ dirty concept scratchdoodle (I don’t even want to call that a drawing) of the as of yet unnamed capital city of the land I currently call Skairus. That’s one of the things I did tonight. Continue reading “Daily Log Entry 3/20/2017”

Daily Log Entry 3/17/2017 It’s a doozy

And I mean a doozy. Way more stuff behind the Read More link.

  • Filed away all 2016 paperwork. Everything all set for 2017. Yay.
  • Made a quick n’ dirty really ratty-looking project board castle-shaped corkboard, sans cork. Slightly better than taping my to-do list directly to the wall.
  • Spent some time learning how to use the Cricut Explore Air. Spent some time working on a moderately intricate image just to see how well it does. I’ll find out Sunday┬áif I got the graphic design right so that it cuts like I want it to.
  • Looked for a suitable time management app. With resources sunk into supplies, right now free is just about the right price. Nothing in Chrome did the trick, so I’m going to try Task List Guru. This project is pretty much all the irons in the fire, several at once, with enough rotation to keep them all hot. Now that I have a scribbled task list, I can definitely see the need to keep this organized. I might not have deadlines, but I like balance.
  • Also downloaded Evernote to give that a try. Soon enough I’ll be referencing a great many things to make sure I come up with really well-grounded content.
  • As much as I’d really like to be playing with the mold making kit and finding out if those tiles I sculpted work well, I really need to dot my i’s and cross my t’s. I’ve imagined a Hydra into being, what with all the projects I’ve decided are essential. Luckily, I’m giving myself about 20 years, maybe more. That way I can take my sweet time, enjoy the ride, and still end up with tons of useful content over time. At least, that’s the Bog Monster side of things.

Continue reading “Daily Log Entry 3/17/2017 It’s a doozy”

Daily Log Entry 3/15/2017 7:23 AM

Just finished the vast majority of the blog re-organization. Huzzah for all-nighters and insomnia! Three cheers for copious amounts of caffeine after 3 AM because by then the options were dire (call in when I really, really shouldn’t), risky (take the chance that a few hours of sleep wouldn’t see me sleep right through the alarm, or crazed (all-nighter followed by 8 hour labor job).

Call me crazy, but I just checked off a substantial item on my task list. Apart from circling back for follow ups, the next task up is to start working up my first YouTube tutorial on screencasting. I’m a teach-to-learn sort, so if I’m going to learn the software I’m using well enough to get what I need out of it, I’ll master the steps best when I need to understand them well enough to explain and demonstrate them to someone else.

Also added a few tracks to music playlists on my YouTube channel. Expect eclectic.